Q. When will Etobicoke General’s new wing be open?
A. The new 250,000 square foot, four-story wing is scheduled to open in late 2018.
Q. What services will be offered in the new wing?
A. Some of the services which Etobicoke General can offer thanks to its new wing include:
- A larger, state-of-the-art emergency department supported by a new satellite diagnostic imaging suite
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Units that are nearly four times larger than the current space
- A Maternal newborn unit with birthing suites and a specialized nursery
- A new ambulatory procedures unit
- Medical Day Care Unit
- Cardiorespiratory and Neurodiagnostic services
- A new cafeteria and food services
- Bright, open public spaces
Q. How much must be raised through community donations to build and equip Etobicoke General’s new wing?
A. The Ontario Government funds 90 per cent of the construction costs. The remaining 10 per cent of the construction costs and 100 per cent of the equipment costs, including technology and diagnostics, must be raised within the community. This is known as the ‘local share’ or ‘community share’.
Osler Foundation is raising $25 Million to help build and equip the new wing.
Donate to Etobicoke General