Less worry for new moms
There’s a brighter, bigger space for women giving birth, with state-of-the-art rooms, a pre-labour lounge, and more room for families waiting to hear the good news. And, if baby needs a little extra care, there is special care nursery, right there, along with two operating rooms, only steps away, for C-sections.
The new facilities will include:
- Ten new, state-of-the-art, large and airy single birthing rooms
- A new triage area with a pre-labour lounge
- A new tub with whirlpool area to help women in labour
- Two caesarean section operating rooms for emergency C-sections to take place right in the unit
- Two assessment/exam rooms
- Spacious, bright family waiting room
More space and bassinettes will be available for those babies who need a little extra help. And families can look forward to the two care-by-parent rooms where new parents learn how to look after their newborn.
Donate to Etobicoke General