When Brampton Civic opened its doors in 2007 it was equipped with the best technology available at the time. In the past seven years, we’ve taken close to half a million scans with our CTs and MRIs, alone. Plus we perform nearly five million diagnostic and lab tests annually.
Advances in medical imaging continue to transform the world of medicine, changing how we diagnose, measure, manage and treat illness and disease. When combined with the need to replace older equipment, the time has come to re-invest in the latest and best medical and diagnostic imaging technology available so our skilled physicians, nurses and staff can provide you and your loved ones with the care you need, when you need it most.
The generosity of individuals, organizations and businesses has allowed us to invest in priority equipment needs throughout the hospital, including:
- Portable ultrasounds – bring the latest diagnostic technology right to the bedside
- Echocardiography – helps in the diagnosis and management of patients with suspected or known heart diseases
- Oncology clinic warming cabinet – provides comforting, warm blankets to patients undergoing critical cancer treatments
- ANA Diluter – used in blood tests to diagnose autoimmune diseases like lupus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid and juvenile arthritis
- Accuvein portable vein illuminator – making blood tests easier for the hospital’s smallest and most vulnerable patients
- And much, much more
Today, we need your help to equip Brampton Civic to continue to provide the exceptional care you and your family need, today, and tomorrow, including a Telemetry Monitoring System.
Telemetry Monitoring System
Funding is urgently needed to establish a state-of-the-art telemetry monitoring system for the cardiology and future Integrated Stroke Units at Brampton Civic and Etobicoke General.
Telemetry monitoring is used for patients recovering from a heart attack and stroke. It is considered as a safe, non-invasive way of tracking symptoms in very sick, complex patients.
Your gift of any size will help us put the right tools and equipment in the skilled hands of our physicians and staff, to continue to provide exemplary care, every day.
Donate to Brampton Civic