The revitalization of Etobicoke General has begun
On March 22, 2017, Osler and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) announced that Etobicoke Healthcare Partnership (EHP) was named as the first choice to design, build, finance and maintain the hospital’s new four-storey patient tower.
Construction is now complete but the job is not done. 100% of equipment costs must be funded by the community.
Etobicoke General has undergone a transformational renovation and expansion to meet the increasing needs of the growing community. One that will ensure the hospital keeps pace with new technologies, new diagnostic techniques and improvements in care.
The new day surgery and diagnostic cardiology units are now larger with bright, modern, healing spaces. The renovated laboratory’s increased capacity is helping more patients, faster.
The new patient tower adds approximately 250,000 square feet of space to the hospital and houses the high-priority services most urgently needed by the community in a bright, spacious, healing environment, including:
- A larger, state-of-the-art Emergency Department, supported by a Satellite Diagnostic Imaging suite
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Units
- A Maternal Newborn unit with birthing suites and a specialized nursery
- A new Ambulatory Procedures unit
- Cardiorespiratory and Neurodiagnostic services
- New Patient Food Service facilities, Cafeteria and bright new public spaces
Osler has also built a new 200,000 square foot Etobicoke Wellness Centre (EWC) at Etobicoke General. This building houses outpatient programs and services, including a fracture clinic, diagnostic imaging, and a satellite dialysis program so people can receive dialysis, close to home.
Donate to Etobicoke General