The Urgent Care Centre at Peel Memorial, staffed by Osler’s emergency-trained physicians and staff, are equipped with high-tech diagnostic imaging and lab services and ready to handle most non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, including mental health issues.
Brampton Civic Hospital’s emergency department was built to serve 90,000 patients per year. In 2013-2014, 131,300 patients received emergency care there. That’s a 14 per cent jump in the past two years! About one-third of the people who go to a traditional hospital emergency department could get the care they need at an urgent care centre. And because emergency departments must give priority to those with the most serious conditions, patients with less serious health problems usually have to wait.
Peel Memorial’s Urgent Care Centre is a convenient, practical alternative. No referral or appointment is needed, and waiting times are often much shorter than they would be in an emergency department. The Urgent Care Centre features:
- bright, spacious waiting areas
- onsite access to onsite diagnostic imaging and laboratory services
- prompt, high-quality medical attention
- private, enclosed patient examination and treatment rooms
- an isolation room for those with suspected infectious illnesses
- flexible treatment rooms to support many types of treatments, such as stitches, fractures and mental health consultations
- those who require care for more serious conditions are stabilized immediately and transferred to Brampton Civic Hospital for further care
Donate to Peel Memorial